You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

ios 18 Vocal Shortcut not triggerred, instead it searches the command on internet

I have a lot of smart home shortcuts before IOS 18 such as "turn on kitchen light", when I speak "Hey Siri, turn on kitchen light", it will turn on the kitchen light in my home.

However, After upgrading to IOS 18:

1. All existing shortcuts cannot be triggered by voice. If I say "Hey Siri, turn on kitchen light" it will search kitchen light on Internet.
  2. I also set up the Vocal Shortcuts (if it works, I need to manually setup dozens of vocal shortcuts for my existing shortcuts), but it doesn't work either. When I say "turn on study room", it is supposed to trigger the existing short cut "turn on study room", but it searches study room on internet instead.

iPhone 14, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 10:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2024 5:01 PM in response to Lucius2024

Hi Lucius2024,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: ios 18 Vocal Shortcut not triggerred, instead it searches the command on internet

Am no expert in this area, yet your post to the community certainly deserves some response.

Sorry you are experiencing. such a problem-situation with the vocal shortcuts you so carefully set up.

Seems Apple often endeavours to make it's accessibility features more easy-to-use, and may add features or improvements in updates.

Wondering if Apple Support's online article for iOS18 (link below) may be at all helpful:

See how to: Use Vocal Shortcuts on iPhone - Apple Support

Else, as the vocal shortcut feature is not working correctly for you:

You may want to reach out to the experts in Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

and / or

You may want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple. They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will. reach those who can make changes in a future update, if others are also experiencing similar issues:

To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product,

email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com.

All the best:-)

ios 18 Vocal Shortcut not triggerred, instead it searches the command on internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.