You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music on Mac not showing search results.

On my Mac Mini, I'm searching for titles and artists that are definitely on Apple Music and it's yielding no results in some cases, stating that, "Something went wrong. Please try again." Other times, it gives results. It's consistently yielding nothing for certain searches but showing results for others based on the wording.

All of my other Apple device are giving results for the search prompts that are generating this error message on the Mac Mini.

E.g.: I searched "Coastal Vivarium" to pull up some music from Hogwarts Legacy. On Mac Mini, it gives me the error message but on iPhone the song comes up. Same thing with Kidz Bop 2023. Nothing on the Mac Mini.

I'm definitely searching Apple Music, not the local library, and I am not operating in Safe Mode.

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 4:54 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2024 2:24 PM in response to TheDisfictionalFunction

Your sample search(s) work for me on my macOS device.

Have you tried logging out of Apple Music and back in on your Mac? It seems like maybe the only thing you have not tried yet.

It is less likely to have an impact, but also make sure the proper items are checked on the General tab of the preferences when in Apple Music. Click the Music menu > Settings and select General.

Apple Music on Mac not showing search results.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.