You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to disable Voice Control that turns on automatically in iPhone

Disabled Voice Control [Settings -> PHYSICAL AND MOTOR -> Voice Control /OFF].

Despite the global system setting this way being set to 'OFF' the Voice Control-feature still turns back ‘ON’ every single time a connected BT-unit is touched or Voice Activated. 

'OFF' but not 'OFF'?

Worse it is that Voice Control not only stops playback, but the audio level of the accompanying audio-prompt of Voice Control is so freaking LOUD (at any given playback level chosen the Voice Control-signal is always WAY louder than the current playback volume!).

Despite my use of an otherwise well controlled playback audio level for HI-Fi music listening, the Voice Control-signal is actually so loud that it is real painfull in my Hi-Fi in-ears hence also having potential to possibly result in actual hearing damage over time.

But why?!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 9:49 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2024 10:09 AM in response to steensaid

Hi Steensaid,

You are not the only one experiencing this error in the iOS, however below you will find a possible solution for your issue.

To get started, after Voice Control has been set up, you can use the "Hey Siri," the Accessibility Shortcut, or go to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control to turn the setting on and off. You can find more information In the following link: About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Besides this could there be a chance that you have Voice Control enabled as an Accessibility Shortcut? You can check this by going into Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut. If Voice Control is enabled here, try turning the setting off to see if the issue persists.

I hope this solves your issue.

Take care!

Oct 11, 2024 6:56 PM in response to Brandonwright

Thank you Brandon,

Well, for starters, your 'Get started'-advice was already covered and taken care of as per the very core of the problem described in the post you are replying to. Voice Control was and still is globally set to 'OFF' [The complete steps of navigation is: Settings -> Accessibility -> PHYSICAL AND MOTOR -> Voice Control -> OFF].

Hello now, this IS the problem - and super sad irony - I'm demonstrating in my post: The setting for Voice Control has been set to 'OFF'. But effectively - as described - Voice Control is always 'ON' as per automatic system protocol request from what seems to be inherent in any given connected BT-device v. Voice Control ability.

iOS just facilitates any such automatic protocol request from connected BT-devices by opening up Voice Control.

With zero regard to the fact that the global setting for Voice Control is set to OFF on the iPhone by me (i.e. the user).

Just like that: OFF but not OFF! It's truly idiot iOS coding. Not logical! Erroneous!

Needs logical correction by iOS update ASAP. Nothing else. Simple to understand.

PS. Accessibilty Shortcut also was and stil is set to 'OFF' (redundant)

PPS. Someone changed the header here from saying 'Voice Control = Zero Control'.

But isn't it a big time ethical and morally loosing position to be censoring the simple and basic truth here - however unpleasant the truth might be?

Regards

Steen Donsby, journalist (DJ)

Copenhagen

DENMARK

How to disable Voice Control that turns on automatically in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.