You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is it possible to make Passwords visible while typing? I have an essential tremor disability.

I have an essential tremor in my hands, which isn't dangerous, but which makes typing passwords a nightmare. On websites that give you the option to see the password, it's great, because I can see if I hit a wrong key. But when I have to sign in for Apple ID, it's frequently rejected and I enter it many times and it's still not recognized. Is there something that people with this disability can do?

MacBook Air (M3, 2024)

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 8:53 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 5:49 PM in response to MacounsSupportVotingRights

Hi, and welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Apple ID sign-in: Is it possible to make Passwords visible while typing?"

Sorry I don't know of a way ... am no expert however!

Re: "Is there something that people with this disability can do?"

Wondering if you can:

• type your password where you can see it, (eg: Use Text Edit)
  • select, and "copy" the password to the clipboard, (Copy shortcut is Command + C)
  • and then just "paste" it when you sign-in. (Paste shortcut is (Command + V)

Note: For security: After you copy it: you can delete your password from where you typed it.

All the best :-)

Is it possible to make Passwords visible while typing? I have an essential tremor disability.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.