You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Homekit working, but Siri says "I tried, but some home accessories are not responding"

This happens regularly, but not always, when I ask Siri to execute a particular scene. All the devices controlled by that scene are appropriately turned on or off, as specified. Then Siri says some accessories did not respond.

How do I tell what "accessories" Siri is talking about? Is there a log somewhere that lists those accessories? It would certainly be very helpful to troubleshoot this problem?

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 2:06 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2024 6:03 PM in response to beeshive

It did start happening recently. Everything in the scene seems to have worked as expected. I suspect that there's some device or other that is slow in responding and exceeds some time limit in HomeKit for responses.

Still my original ask was that Apple provide a log file or way to determine what devices didn't respond. Maybe there are newer devices that wouldn't cause this error. If that's the only way to get rid of them, I'd consider upgrading a few devices just to get rid of the notification.

Homekit working, but Siri says "I tried, but some home accessories are not responding"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.