You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

There is no option in Finder nor in the Music App for me to add MP3 songs onto my iPod classic

I have an iPod classic 4th generation and a Mac mini running Sonoma 14.6.1. When I plug in my iPod and open the music app, there is nothing showing indicating that the app is recognizing the iPod, nothing at all in the side bar. When I open the finder app, I see two iPod options I can click on the side bar. None of these options allows me to manually add songs, playlists, remove songs, etc. On one of the sidebar options, the only things I can see are the options to update the iPod, or to reset it. And in the other sidebar option, I only see folders that don't have anything to do with music.

Is there any possible way for me to add MP3 songs from my Mac mini onto this iPod classic? It just seems impossible.

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 9:04 PM

There are no replies.

There is no option in Finder nor in the Music App for me to add MP3 songs onto my iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.