You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari: Google CAPTCHAs Problem

Since I have updated to iOS 18, on my Safari, CAPTCHAs keep popping up. I have iCloud+ and Private Replay activated. I saw it was/is an issue with CAPTCHAs popping up every 3-4 searches.

With research, the issue may be Private Replay (which is a paid feature), so I deactivated Private Replay, but that did not fully resolve the issue.

Following the failure of simply turning off Private Replay, I cleared Safari history and website data with Private Replay off. That did solve the issue; however, since it is a paid feature, I conducted more research.

Delete history, cache, and cookies

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Safari.
  2. Tap Clear History and Website Data.

With more research, it was found to change search engine to keep Private Replay activated. Making Google the issue. However, I want to keep Google as my search engine and continue using a paid feature from iCloud+.

With that in mind, I did more research and found it can also be Automatic Verification. I activated Private Replay, put Google as the search engine, and deactivated Automatic Verification. That resolved the issue, and I was able to keep using Private Replay and Google.

Resolutions:

1. Turn off Private Replay, or
  2. Change search engine, or
  3. Deactivated Automatic Verification 

(1.) Turn iCloud Private Relay off

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > Private Relay, then tap Private Relay.
  2. Do one of the following:
  • Turn off iCloud Private Relay temporarily: Tap Turn Off Until Tomorrow.
    • Within 24 hours, iCloud Private Relay will turn back on automatically. If you want it to resume sooner, follow the instructions for turning it on at any time.
    • Turn off iCloud Private Relay completely: Tap Turn Off Private Relay.

(2.) Choose a search engine

1. Go to Settings  > Apps > Safari.
  2. Tap Search Engine, then choose a search engine

(3.) How to adjust Automatic Verification settings on your iPhone or iPad

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Sign-In & Security.
  4. Turn Automatic Verification on or off.

How to adjust Automatic Verification settings on your Mac

1. Choose the Apple menu  > System Settings.
  2. Click your name.
  3. Click Sign-In & Security.
  4. Turn Automatic Verification on or off.

If you have more information on what the issue may be, please comment. 

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 11:23 PM

There are no replies.

Safari: Google CAPTCHAs Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.