You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Messages "Send Later" function not available in Sonoma on Mac

I followed the instructions below, or tried to.

When I go into Messages/iMessage in Mac OS Sonoma on my MacBook Pro laptop computer, and I select a conversation, there is indeed a " + " plus button up in the top right corner.

However, clicking on the + does not result in an option to schedule the message to Send Later. Instead, there is a drop-down menu of Contacts.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Schedule a message on Mac to send later - Apple Support

Schedule a message

You can schedule a message up to 14 days into the future.

1. Go to the Messages app  on your Mac.

2. Select a conversation.

3. Click " + ",  then click Send Later. <---Here's where my problem arises.

4. Choose the date and time you want to send your message.

5. Enter a message, then press Return to schedule the message.

The message appears with a dashed line around it and is stored on a server until it’s time to send it—the time appears above the message.

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 4:19 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2024 1:56 AM in response to magdalen23

The Devil is in the details and from you link

This Send Later for iMessage is Only Available macOS 15 Sequoia and iOS 18

What's new in the updates for macOS Sequoia

• Text effects bring your conversations to life by visually amplifying any letter, word, phrase, or emoji in iMessage with dynamic, animated effects like explode, ripple, and nod.
  • Text formatting lets you add bold, underline, italics, and strikethrough to any letter, word, or phrase in iMessage.
  • Emoji and sticker Tapbacks let you react to a message using any emoji or sticker, giving you access to the Tapbacks you and your friends send the most with just a swipe.
  • Send later lets you compose a message now and schedule it to send later.

Messages "Send Later" function not available in Sonoma on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.