You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to get mail after setting up an existing domain with iCloud Mail (Domain on secureserver.net)

I have a domain (originally registered via GoDaddy / Secureserver.net) and email via a Google Workspace subscription. I have the automatic and manual methods:

A. gone through the 3 step process via my iCloud account and get to Step 3: Finish setting up the domain, and get an error reported and the process won't complete

AND

B. changed DNS records manually using instructions on Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail – Apple Support (AU) (note: I could only find "[Enter the personal TXT record provided during the setup process]" as "apple-domain=...." in the URL opened in Step 3 above) the gone back to my iCloud account for Step 3: Finish setting up the domain to check if the verification was. (Domain lock is off)

Both methods result in test emails from my iCloud email to the email with my domain undelivered with "user does not exist"

Questions:

1. Are there any other settings I need to update with Google Workspace or the Mail accounts on my Apple Devices?
  2. Do I need to troubleshoot with Apple Support or the domain registrar?

Thank you

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 9:06 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to get mail after setting up an existing domain with iCloud Mail (Domain on secureserver.net)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.