You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple music playlist, Apple iTunes Match new local Macbook playlist question

I have iTunes Match, I have a lot of music on my computer, I used to make playlists and sync by cable physically to my iphone, all was good

Now I have iTunes Match which I thought would be the same thing without a cable

I thought that if I added a song to a playlist on my computer I would happily see that playlist with those songs everywhere

I buy iTunes Match, sync all my devices, done.

So then I try to add a song to a playlist on the Macbook and I get this message: Cloud Music Playlists can only contain music from your Cloud Music Library and will only be available on this computer.

If I continue, my playlist will be removed from my cloud music library and will only be available on this computer.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of wanting my library and playlists available on all my devices right?

So, do I quit itunes match, and go back to using a cable to sync my Apple Music app on my M2 Macbook with my IOS 18 iPhone?

Or how can I make playlists on my computer and have them on my iphone and ipad using iTunes Match, why did I get iTunes Match?

Thanks

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 1:34 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2024 2:52 AM in response to KeithCxx

Does it mean that if I try to add a song that Apple didn't upload because it only uploads songs it owns rights to and so if the song you want to add isn't up in the sync, your personal sync in iTunes Match cloud, then if you try to add it to the playlist it ends up giving me that warning and pulling all the other songs down from the cloud so that they're no longer available on other devices?

So iTunes Match is not really having your tunes in the cloud available everywhere, its just having their songs that you own on your computer available everywhere and if you want a playlist that mixes songs they don't want from your computer in their cloud then they take away the right to have those other songs available on other devices, that just seems wrong.

I'm also paying for iCloud Storage, why can't the two meet and carry all my tunes and have them available on all my devices?

Apple music playlist, Apple iTunes Match new local Macbook playlist question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.