You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sharing a Final Cut project across 2 different Macs using the same SSD - possible? If so how?

Hi, I'm new to Final Cut and love it but I have a project I'd like to share across 2 separate Macs. This would be using the same SSD but plugged in to the Macs on separate time frames. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 3:29 AM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2024 8:18 AM in response to DannyJLewis

Hello,

I do it all the time ;)

As Tom's said, create a folder on you SSD with the Library and all the file (Media, Sound, Graphix, etc...) you will use in your project, then you just work with this library from your SSD.

Just be carefull if you use plugins, titles, etc.. They might not be install on all machines you will work with.

Btw, I always make a copy of the project from the SSD, in case it decide to die ;)

Sharing a Final Cut project across 2 different Macs using the same SSD - possible? If so how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.