You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

i want help removing a message continually asking me to set up fingerprint recognition when I want to continue using my passcode

I have tried using Apple but there are continual problems.You are my last resort.

I just want to continue using my passcode but every time I turn on my iPad there is a message in ‘settings’ asking me to set up fingerprint recognition

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 8:10 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2024 8:27 AM in response to IFTNO

Welcome!

See this Apple article:

Set up Touch ID on iPad - Apple Support

If tyou turn off Touch ID as indicated in the article, that may stop the messages.

A note for future posts here: These are not chat rooms or Apple. These are forums of end users like you who respond on a time-available basis, so patience is the keyword. Posting the same question twice in three minutes cannot get you faster help, and may cause some people to ignore your question.

i want help removing a message continually asking me to set up fingerprint recognition when I want to continue using my passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.