You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

New iPad has been “lock to owner” due to several failed password attempts

My wifes new ipad has been “lock to owner”. Due to forgetting password and too many fail attempts. I provided apple support apple.com a copy of original receipt along with serial number and address where purchase.

Received a reply from security within a hour that request was denied with no explanation and no instructions as to what to do next! I’m 85 years old and paid $498.00 for ipad and this seems unreasonable and extremely unfair. Told decision made by security an no one can contact them or eve know who they are.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 10:10 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2024 1:28 PM in response to stillgil2

Was this purchased NEW directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller? That is the only way that Apple will unlock any activation locked device.

If is locked to her Apple ID (you can tell because it will show a partially redacted Apple ID email address) she can reset her password here→If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If it was purchased used there’s a good chance it was stolen.

New iPad has been “lock to owner” due to several failed password attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.