You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS Safari “server can’t be found”

I am using Starlink to access the internet. However, due to hundreds of tall trees around my house, the link is not always reliable. When it drops, Safari says, for whatever web page I was trying to access on my iPad at the time, that “Safari can’t open the page because the server can’t be found”. That’s true at that moment, but generally the network is restored in well under a minute. However, Safari remembers that it couldn’t get the page and continues to claim that the server can’t be found for several minutes. This is true despite reloading the page, trying a different page from the same server, etc. Web pages on other servers work meanwhile. I assume this is something like a DNS cache? What I would like to be able to do is force Safari (or iOS) to retry the server immediately once I know that my connectivity is restored. Is there any simple way to do that?

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 1:48 PM

There are no replies.

iOS Safari “server can’t be found”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.