You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music>Pop-up> Your computer is not authorized-?

I thought I would open Apple Music and play music in the background while working. I hit the play button, and now a window pops up telling me, "Your computer is not authorized."

This is so annoying. The app is acting strangely. It randomly selects songs and rapidly switches to another. Note: My songs are purchased from Apple.

Why are these and other little annoying things happening? Is there some goofy programmer doing this for a laff? I mean, what I say is that this has to be programmed.

Mac Studio, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 5:03 AM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2024 1:46 PM in response to rgbnite

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community. Downloading past purchases requires that your computer be both authorized and associated with your Apple ID. You can try deauthorizing and then reauthorizing the computer from the account menu to ensure that it really is authorized. Association should then happen automatically if you download a past purchase or enable Apple Music, provided the computer hasn't been associated with a different Apple ID in the last 90 days. Having multiple Apple IDs may be a potential cause of problems in this area.

tt2

Apple Music>Pop-up> Your computer is not authorized-?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.