You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Garage Band count in function is inaccurate.

I encountered the same issue as someone else who previously identified this problem. I did some testing and came up with the following results. The problem occurs when you try to start the recording in the middle of a bar.

If I start a 1 bar (4 count) count in at 5-1 then there will be 4 clicks and the recording starts at the end of the 4th click, as expected.

1 bar count in starting at 5-2 results in 8 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 5th click.

1 bar count in starting at 5-3 results in 8 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 6th click.

1 bar count in starting at 5-4 results in 8 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 7th click.

2 bar count in starting at 5-2 results in 12 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 9th click

2 bar count in starting at 5-3 results in 12 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 10th click

2 bar count in starting at 5-4 results in 12 clicks and recording starts at the end of the 11th click

I encountered the problem when recording a song which had a mixture of 4/4 and 2/4 bars which resulted in some bars starting in the middle of a bar.

I personally think it's a bug though it could be a particularly unintuitive design. In the meantime I'm just modifying my count in by the above results. Or I can record the new bar on a separate track where I can start at the begining of the bar and then move the resulting recording into the desired track.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 6:25 AM

There are no replies.

Garage Band count in function is inaccurate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.