You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Request to Add Permission Control for Apps Opening Other Apps

Dear Apple Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to bring to your attention an issue that has been negatively impacting my user experience on iOS.

Currently, many apps (such as Baidu Translate and LeChange, to name a few) are able to open other applications without the explicit consent of the user. On several occasions, I have unintentionally clicked on an application that was opened in the background by another app, leading to a very frustrating experience. This behavior not only interrupts my workflow but also leads to unnecessary confusion, as I am often unaware that another app has been launched.

After doing some research, I learned that such behavior is not strictly regulated by the iOS system, and this has raised concerns about how more and more apps might exploit this functionality. This could potentially be used to aggressively push advertisements, further disrupting the user experience.

I believe that introducing a permission setting that allows users to control whether an app can open other apps would greatly improve iOS's usability and privacy control. It would allow users to maintain control over their experience and prevent unexpected interruptions.

For reference, I am currently using an iPhone XR running iOS version 17.6.1. I would greatly appreciate it if your team could look into this issue and consider adding this feature in future updates.

Thank you for your attention and for continuing to improve the iOS experience.

Best regards,

Alex

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 6:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 11:25 PM

Alex-Liu wrote: "Dear Apple Development Team..."

Alex ~ We're not the Apple Development Team; we're just users. And although Apple administers this community, that doesn't include reading each of thousands of daily posts for possible requests. However, Apple will "read all feedback carefully" here:

Apple Product Feedback

õ¿õ¬

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2024 11:25 PM in response to Alex-Liu

Alex-Liu wrote: "Dear Apple Development Team..."

Alex ~ We're not the Apple Development Team; we're just users. And although Apple administers this community, that doesn't include reading each of thousands of daily posts for possible requests. However, Apple will "read all feedback carefully" here:

Apple Product Feedback

õ¿õ¬

Request to Add Permission Control for Apps Opening Other Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.