You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18.0.1 AirPrint issue with Brother QL820NWBc

After updating to iPad OS 18.0.1, using AirPrint, the results are very large on my Brother QL820NWBc label printer. Printing from the Notes app. (But also using other apps).

I have a different device on iPad OS 17.x.x which does not have this issue and I recall not having this issue on the device now rocking iPad OS 18.0.1

Anyone have information on what might have changed regarding AirPrint in this new release?

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 1:43 AM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2024 3:39 AM in response to ZzzenT

Are you using the Brother iPrint&Label App to create and print your labels, or are you instead just using your iPad's native Apps (such as Notes) to create your labels?

Using the Brother App is perhaps more likely to produce consistent labels across iPadOS versions. When using Notes (or other Apps), you may need to change font or font sizes.

Oct 16, 2024 4:08 AM in response to LotusPilot

I appreciate your feedback!

Fairly certain the Brother iPrint&Label does _not_ use the same internal commands/communication as the general AirPrint functionality.

Again, this was yielding normal results (small/average size) before and after the update it returns a gigantic label which is 6x in size. Changing the font/font size isn't a fix.

Wondering if perhaps something changed with the webview/safari/airprint functionality in iPadOS 18.0.1. At least not according the developer patch notes.

iPadOS 18.0.1 AirPrint issue with Brother QL820NWBc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.