You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic Pro 11.0.1 Slow to Open Projects

I am running Logic Pro 11.0.1 in Universal Mode (i.e NOT Rosetta) on an M1 Max 16" MBP with 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD [1TB Free] under Mac OS Sonoma 14.7. Logic Pro is set up to use all 10 cores.

My interface is a UAD Apollo Twin x (connected by Thunderbolt) and I also run SonarWorks ID Reference and an NI Kontrol S 88 Mk 3.

All software Instruments samples (NI, Arturia, Spitfire, Labs, Cherry Audio, and Logic Pro) are stored - and successfully load from - a 2TB SDXC card.

I run large projects containing many software instruments. Since updating to Logic Pro 11, all projects are taking many minutes to load. The projects with the most software instruments take the longest and sometimes do not load at all resulting in the SBBoD and requireing a Force Quit and then a restart in order to load (very slowly) again.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 2:57 AM

There are no replies.

Logic Pro 11.0.1 Slow to Open Projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.