You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Logic latency not allowing me to use it

I have an M1 Macbook Pro and I have already tried changing the settings as recommended to eliminate latency in Logic, but nothing seems to work for everything -- all instruments and vocals. It's so much easier with Garageband, it never has any latency problems. I'm ending up recording in Garageband and only opening the file in Logic to use the Mastering Assistant and changing library instruments when needed. The problem is when I decide to add something else after that, then I lose what was done in Logic, as I have to re-import the original file from Garageband after modifying it. Yesterday I was trying to record voice and I couldn't, there was a delay, went back to Garageband and did it in a minute. Guitar is impossible. I wish there was a setting to just automatically figure what needs to be changed.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 7:31 AM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 12:06 PM in response to rjacobsen

Latency is something we have to deal with in the digital world.

1. Lowering the (audio) I/O Buffer Size is lowering the latency of cost of CPU power and possible audio glitches.
  2. Enable Low Latency Mode while recording, but switch it off while playback. Low Latency Mode is an option that automatically disables some latency-producing plugins. Due to the de-activation of some plugins, the sound of your project might change.
  3. Higher sample rates also reduce latency, but are usually impractical as the entire project has to be converted.
  4. Some plugins introduce more latency than others, especially pitch plugins, sound design plugins that using FFT, special AI plugins....
  5. You could also freeze tracks that have a high plug-in load.
  6. Bounce flexed tracks and disable flex.

Manage input monitoring latency in Logic Pro for Mac - Apple Support

Logic latency not allowing me to use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.