You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Does iPad mini 7 use same cases/screen protectors as 6th gen?

So I preordered the Ipad mini 7 and I want to order my accessories before the new Ipad arrives. Can anyone confirm if the screen protector and cases for the mini 6th gen will fit the new one?

iPad mini (6th generation)

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 9:14 AM

The outgoing iPad mini6 and the new iPad mini7 (officially known as the iPad mini A17 Pro) have identical physical dimensions. As such, case and screen protector accessories designed for one will be compatible with the other.

Changes between these models are internal only.

7 replies

Oct 19, 2024 8:07 AM in response to ONEWORLDMAC

Thank you so much for letting us know this! I still have my screen protector that I bought for the 6 because it came with two of them. I still love my iPad mini 6 case.

I wish they would make cases for the iPhones that close when you close the cover and open the iPhone when you open the cover like my iPad mini case has. If anyone knows of such a case, please let me know. I have been looking for one for two years.

Does iPad mini 7 use same cases/screen protectors as 6th gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.