You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Get Info option - has no field for the ISO figure for photographs.

This is the sensitivity setting for the camera sensor and bears heavily on "noise" in the image in question.

There was a thread about this very thing in January 2023. Plainly it's been ignored roughly 20-21 months later and after some SONOMA updates it's still absent. This is a minor matter for a programmer to attend to - so what does it take to get Apple's attention? Photographers have long used Apple machinery, it's no secret that over decades Apple majored in applications concentrating on graphics, movies, photography - and yet we end up with this sort of negatively subtractive change wrought on a simple but core tool for photographers who have invested very heavily in the Apple system and its highly regarded elements of support for all-things-graphic. Please - get someone to restore this feature?

Several minutes back I submitted a request for this to be done - if anyone reading this happens to agree, it wouldn't hurt if you too submitted something similar? I'm including this comment here to hopefully drum up some added feedback to Apple - more requests might just get their attention?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 9:07 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2024 10:05 AM in response to Kilrymont

Where do you want to see ISO? Just in the general Finder > Get Info?

I am also an avid photographer and interested in image and movie metadata but I guess macOS is geared to the average Joe and Jane who just want to see just the big picture and complain loudly if some detail they desire is not exactly right. 3rd party apps should take care of the professionals and geeks.

My pet peeve is that macOS does not readily show image and movie datetime metadata while dates like file modification date time is more readily visible causing much confusion.

But yes, both datetime and ISO can be displayed in Finder and Preview.

Send feedback to:

Product Feedback - Apple

Or send a well prepared feedback also to:

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

Get Info option - has no field for the ISO figure for photographs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.