You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Final Cut importing clips gone whacky

If I import 10 clips, tcp might only import 8 and mixes up the clip names with clips not imported. It's basically unusable right now. Im using a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra and 128 G memory on Sonoma 14.6.1. I will not upgrade OS until x.1.0 is out because Sonoma 14.0 caused me to have to erase and reinstall the prior OS. It would not recognize any external drives.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 17

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 9:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 9:59 AM in response to Foxey

Whenever the application misbehaves, start by deleting its preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting the application and click Delete Custom Settings. The application will start with default settings and open an "Untitled" library. Adjust the settings, reopen the library you were working, and see how it works now.

If the problem persists, you need to tell us more. Where are you importing from, and to? How are the drives/cards formatted?

Are there other issues?

Are you using any sort of "cleaners", "antivirus" or "chrome"?

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

Final Cut importing clips gone whacky

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.