You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Incorrect album art when syncing collections from MacBook Air M3 to iPad Pro M4

Along with many ripped albums from a few CD's, I have created two Compilation Albums of the best songs (at least to me).

The mp3 files for titles in the two collections have been edited with a MP3 Tag editor so that the disk numbering is as desired, and the Album Artist and Album Name are correct for that collection.

iTunes on a 2018 Mini (Mojave), and Music on the MacBook Air M3 (Sonoma 14.6.1 with all updates) show the correct art as show in the attached image.

The music collection on the iPad Pro M4 shows all art correct except for the two collections.

With a LOT of experimenting (Rename files, or Edit Tags, etc ... Import into MACs, and sync to iPad -- About twenty iterations) I have noted that the iPad does not obey the mp3 tag and imbedded art - but instead uses random art (either random, or from the cache from a previous import - which one can't see on the iPad.

The only solution is to import the entire collection after deleting all title but the title that has the desired art and the tags edited to make it first. (BTW, Windows, Android and various automobiles obey the tags.)

I'd be happy to provide more detailed information to anyone interested. I couldn't find a way to report the random (but reproducible) behavior when syncing a library (or just a bit of one) to the iPad.

In the screen shot from the working Mac, note two Album Covers with a figure inserted bottom right. On the Mac this art is copied from song 1 disk 1. When synced to the iPad, the cover art is copied randomly from a song in the collection and looks stupid.

I've figured out a convoluted work-around, but I think apple needs to fix this. Since it does not work Apple to Apple.

Thanks a bunch.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 5:08 PM

There are no replies.

Incorrect album art when syncing collections from MacBook Air M3 to iPad Pro M4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.