You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My Smart TV won't recognise Apple TV Plus

Have smart tv but unable to recognize Apple TV Plus. Subscription is recognized on IPhone. If I go through prime to Apple TV I would pay for Another subscription.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

UTU700D,

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:25 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 5:32 AM in response to birdy1444

Have smart tv but unable to recognize Apple TV Plus.
UTU700D

UTU700D seems to be a Samsung 4K TV from 2020. It would support the Apple TV app (in many countries).

Are you able to find the app? Can you open the app successfully? Did you try to sign in to the Apple TV app, through its in-app Settings, using the Apple Account that has the Apple TV+ subscription linked to it?

Sign in to the Apple TV app - User guide for smart TVs - Apple Support

If I go through prime to Apple TV I would pay for Another subscription.

Amazon Prime is unrelated to Apple TV+. Do you perhaps mean the Apple TV app on a Fire TV device? That would work too. You can sign in there similarly with your existing Apple Account, and then your existing subscriptions will be recognized. [Just don’t sign up for a new subscription through your Amazon account, as that would be separate.]

My Smart TV won't recognise Apple TV Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.