You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I bulk delete passwords in Apple passwords app ON A MAC NOT iOS

Is there a way to bulk delete passwords in the Apple Passwords app ON A MAC NOT iOS.

The security warning is saying that 1,141 passwords have been identified in a data leak. The vast majority of them are obsolete. Deleting them is a 3 or 4 step process for every one individually and it will not "select all" or allow a block highlight with keystrokes.

If I can't do this I'm going to have to figure out a way to disable the entire app. Not that that's a big threat to Apple, but I think they do care about user functionality a little bit

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 11:12 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 11:24 AM in response to Skwint961

Having these passwords stored in your keychain/the passwords app is not a security issue. The security issue is not changing the passwords, thus potentially allowing someone to login into your account. If these are passwords you no longer use, to sites you no longer access, it makes zero difference whether or not they are stored in your mac. It is not from your mac that these passwords were captured, it was from leaks in the sites themselves.

How do I bulk delete passwords in Apple passwords app ON A MAC NOT iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.