You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I convert flac to mp3 on computer?

I have about 4000 FLAC songs spread across 3 folders like Albums, Artists and Artwork folders. I want to convert these songs to MP3 so that I can play them in my car. But after conversion, all 4000 songs become individual files without folders. The original folder structure is gone and I can only play them by Artist, Album through metadata. Is there a way to preserve the folder structure during conversion?

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 4:22 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2024 4:27 AM in response to Richard_sin1

FFmpeg is a powerful command-line tool for converting audio and video files. It's fast and flexible, making it ideal for batch conversions.

Install FFmpeg via Homebrew by typing ‘brew install ffmpeg’ in the Terminal. Run the following command to convert FLAC to MP3:

ffmpeg -i input.flac -q:a 0 output.mp3

Replace input.flac and output.mp3 with the actual file paths. This is the best free way to convert flac to mp3 on a Mac or PC.

How do I convert flac to mp3 on computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.