You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I connect an Apple StyleWriter 2 to my Mac mini?

I have an Apple StyleWriter 2 and I want to use it with my late 2012 Mac mini, I don’t care if I have to use an emulator or anything else, but I do have the 8 peripheral cable to USB. How do I do this? Can you please give me full instructions? Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 5:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 6:26 AM

Doubtful, but perhaps this rather antique article will help:

http://cw.kolleegium.ch/stylewriter/

Given that you can buy a modern inkjet printer for $60 and the difficulty of getting ink cartridges for that old StyleWriter, though, I have to ask why you want to go to all the hassle?

Regards.

4 replies

Oct 19, 2024 12:14 PM in response to AppleMan345

Apple ImageWriter printer installation in OS X - Apple Community contains a number of applicable instructions.

Your macOS version is of prime importance.

I have a number of ImageWriters that remain in routine use with current production Macs, but I am using an iMac running High Sierra as an overpriced print server. Refer to its Appendix and my comment at the end for the latest updates.

Oct 18, 2024 8:22 AM in response to AppleMan345

Wow that brings back some old memories.

I had a Color StyleWriter 2500 with my 1996 Performa 6300CD.

It worked fine up until around 2009 or 2010 when it and the Performa went into storage.

Sadly I recycled the Performa, the Apple CRT monitor and StyleWriter in 2020 to make room in my storage building.

IMHO it is way past the time to replace it with a new printer.

Oct 18, 2024 8:38 AM in response to AppleMan345

Alternatively, would it be possible to locate an old (pre-1998) Macintosh computer with a built-in MiniDIN-8 Printer port? If so, printing could of course be done there instead. Much easier. SW II cartridges can be refilled. Depending on the exact operating systems involved, you may even find some kind of network solution for the transfer of files between the late 2012 Mac mini and an old Macintosh.

How can I connect an Apple StyleWriter 2 to my Mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.