You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to create an additional iCloud email address

Hi,

I'm purchasing a new replacement iPad and want to create an additional iCloud email address which I can customise.

For example my current email address is XXXX@icloud.***, I want to create another one which is yyyyy@icloud.***. I want to use the new customised one to send and receive emails, can this be done.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 9:25 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2024 7:43 AM in response to AGH55

Yes, you can change or use a different Apple Account (Apple ID) on another device. But if you create an alias on your existing account and use it on the other device, the device will point to the same Apple Account.

If you truly want your devices to be independent from one another (so that they do not share purchases or data, such as contacts, calendar…), you would need to create a brand new Apple Account.

Oct 20, 2024 7:57 AM in response to AGH55

AGH55 wrote:

Do you know, can you customise and change the existing iCloud email address which is set when you set up the iPad from new

Currently there is no way to change the iCloud email address that is created when you get a new Apple ID. There has been talk of allowing this to happen, but without providing any speculation, we will have to wait and see if there are any further details in the next month or two.

How to create an additional iCloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.