You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Final Cut Pro Crashing When Replacing Images In Timeline

I edit a public access show. The executive producer will come back and ask me to replace certain photos in my timeline. 8 our of 10 times when I try to replace a photo with a different one and I select "replace and retime to fit" Final Cut will crash. It drives me NUTS! It would make my job so much easier if that function worked. I only do this with static photos that are either jpg's or png's. It only sometimes works but 8 out of 10 times it will crash. I am working all on the same hard drive (SanDisk 4TB Extreme Portable SSD). I literally have no problems at all unless I try to do this replace and retime to fit function. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hardware details below. I'll comment with my crash log.

You can watch my screen of what happens here: https://youtu.be/7gar2uFimaQ

Hardware Details:

MacBook Pro

16-inch, 2021

Chip: Apple M1 Max

Memory: 64 GB

macOS: Sonoma 14.6.1

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 3:27 PM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2024 3:35 PM in response to dylanjasna

Whenever the application crashes you should trash the settings. Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, just opening the application, it will open a default Untitled  library. 

Final Cut Pro Crashing When Replacing Images In Timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.