You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

The never-ending Archive folder, how to empty it?

Hi Mac Folks,

I am having difficulty emptying my archive folder. I have specific folders set up for each type of email I get. But some emails have ended up in Archive. When I move the email from Archive into the appropriate folder it then shows up in both places. I tried deleting it then from Archive, but it then deletes it from both places. I tried searching on this problem in the mail app, and got lots of information, none of it relevant to the problem I am having. The bit on rules looked promising but the only rule I have relates to Apple News, not to Archive. I would like to clean up my email and especially my Archive folder, but how? In fact, I would love to get rid of Archive altogether, as it serves no purpose in my organization system. Finally, some emails come with an Archive button instead of a trash button. How do I change that?

Mac Studio, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 5:03 PM

2 replies

The never-ending Archive folder, how to empty it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.