You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HomePod Peer-to-Peer Communication Issue: “Some Features May Not Work on This Network” Spectrum WiFi

Hi everyone,

I had many problems getting my HomePod to connect, so I thought I would share the Spectrum Wifi solution that worked for me.

Issue:

The Home app on my iPhone said, “Controls unavailable for this device" and the Airplay would not work. My HomePod has always been connected to the internet, though, because its Siri works even when I get the error message in the Home app. After reading about what other people did to solve the problem, I decided to wipe the device by selecting “Remove Accessory” in the Home app so that I could set it up again. At the end of the setup process, I got this message: “Some Features May Not Work on This Network. HomePod features like AirPlay and Personal Requests may not work on “Network Name” because it does not support peer-to-peer connections. Learn More.” Although AirPlaying to my HomePod always seemed to work before I wiped it, I’m pretty sure that that setup message gets to the heart of something wrong with my network that, once solved, will fix all of my HomePod issues. When I clicked “Learn More,” it brought me to this Apple Support article. This did not work either.

Solution:

If you have Spectrum wifi, try the following:

1. Log into spectrum
  2. Click "Setup Smart Device on 2.4 GHz" and Turn ON
  3. Turn ON UPnP (you can turn this back off once your homePod connects)
  4. Connect HomePod

Hope this works for you all and saves some headaches!

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 5:53 PM

There are no replies.

HomePod Peer-to-Peer Communication Issue: “Some Features May Not Work on This Network” Spectrum WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.