You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

macOS Sonoma lost 802.1x connection after several days even the "Enable automatic connection" checked.

After upgraded to macOS Sonoma, the mac will lost enterprise connection from time to time.

And I tried to export the network log by

log show --predicate 'subsystem == "com.apple.network"' --info | grep "eapolclient" > netlog.log

I noticed that eapolclient will try to issue some log from time to time, with an interval around 1minute to 2 hours, means it try to renew connection. If it keeps working like this, the connection will be fine. But if I found connection lost, the eapolclient stopped working and logging for many hours, even the eapolclient is keep running as a background process (the command line is eapolclient -i en0, it is subprocess of configd).

If I reboot the system, the connection will be rebuild and works fine. Unplug and plug, or make ethernet inactive and active without rebooting won't fix. Besides, after 1 day to 2 weeks, this problem will happen again. No way to find out exactly how long time it will go wrong again.

Searched the network log on switch, the switch only received MAB authentication request instead of dot1x certificate authentication request which makes the network down, the reason is no certificate provided.

This problem does not exist in systems priorior than sonoma, and it keeps bothering me, how to fix it? Or, if give me a way to forcely make eapolclient send connection request by some command is a good alternative. I can write an automatically tool to do such thing. Run "eapolclient -i en0" manually will do nothing and return 69 as error code.

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 2:52 AM

There are no replies.

macOS Sonoma lost 802.1x connection after several days even the "Enable automatic connection" checked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.