You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac completely draining overnight when lid closed or sent to sleep

My Mac didn't used to do this but in the past few months I cannot leave it unplugged overnight or it loses all its power. It then takes several minutes for it to get enough power to start up once it is plugged in. I've checked the activity monitor to see what's doing this but there doesn't seem to be anything stopping it sleeping. I can sit here and watch the screen sleep after 2 mins of no activity but it still just runs itself empty. I've googled and tried out several suggestions but even in this space I've found nothing that helps. Any new suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 4:32 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 5:31 AM in response to SamM-H

Hi,

Even if your MacBook in sleep mode, if you lots of applications are opened, Applications on DRAM consume battery power, since DRAM need battery power to keep data in them.

Try to your MacBook be in sleep mode without open any, only Finder, applications and see if it still consume the battery power.

Mac completely draining overnight when lid closed or sent to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.