You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Find My: Lock AirPods (Increase Accuracy)

I have recently lost my AirPods at the Office. I immediately set my AirPods as lost in the "Find My" App.

The AirPods were showing me that I was near by Latitude and Longitude, however as I work in a building, I couldn't have any clue which level I lost.

I spent the whole week walking the floors trying to find it. As it was awkward walking in between the desks, I waited everyone leave a company on a Friday. and started doing detailed search - luckily I found it in someone else's drawer. It will be interesting going to the office on Monday and looking at that person.

Suggestions:

1. Increase accuracy by enabling Altitude

It's amazing how apple uses other iPhone to refresh the latest location of the AirPods (tags).

GPS coordinates are composed by a few elements, the basic lat, lng but also speed and altitude. It would be great if apple enable altitude of the nearby iPhone to compare with my own location and tell me if I'm a bit higher or lower than the device - it would have helped on my search.

2. Lock the AirPod

I have locked the Airpod on the "Find My" App. Once I recovered my AirPod, I tried to pair it on another device and I was able to do it so. When I paired it, the iPhone showed a message that my current account would be able to track the AirPod. However, the new iPhone could still use the Pods.

• When I locked the AirPod, I wondered if the other person who found it would be able to use. I wish they wouldn't so reduce the number of people stealing other's Air Pod.
  • On the otherhand, it's nice that the other person can keep using the AirPods, so we can track it down.
  • It's just important that apple do never allow them to remove our user assigned to the AirPods.

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 6:27 AM

There are no replies.

Find My: Lock AirPods (Increase Accuracy)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.