You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

i am not going to use my ipad air 5 for the next 3 monthd and putting it a vault so should i keep the apple pencil attached

So should I keep the pencil not attached to it for 3 months or just attach it will it overcharge or something or should I drain the battery of iPad and then store it with pencil attached or should I also drain pencils battery with it

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 10:20 AM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2024 4:08 PM in response to PUNYAAAA

Unless you can keep the iPad plugged in, it won’t matter.

The Pencil will drain the iPad’s battery in a few days, and then drain itself entirely. While this is not damaging to the iPad, it will cause the Pencil’s battery to fail and you’ll have a non functional Apple Pencil by the time you return.

The Pencil unfortunately will not last for 5 months on a single charge and the tiny battery is susceptible to failure if left discharged for extended periods of time.

I would keep the iPad at 50% battery, (it will discharge in 5 months regardless) and hand the pencil to someone who can use it and charge it while you are gone.

When you return you can charge iPad and get the Pencil back.

i am not going to use my ipad air 5 for the next 3 monthd and putting it a vault so should i keep the apple pencil attached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.