You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Adobe Photoshop Current Version not working propoerly with System 13.7

I upgraded to the most recent versions of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, inDesign, Acrobat, and Photoshop. Photoshop SEEMS to work, but sometimes just hangs up when it's being asked to Close a Window, or Quit. There is a disclaimer on the Adobe page that this Photoshop version only works properly with Apple System 14.

1. How can Adobe do that, when System 14 is not yet generally available?
  2. What should I do, now that I have deleted the earlier version of Photoshop?
  3. When does Apple estimate that System 14 will be available in a non-Beta version?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 1:36 PM

Found it. They moved the older version option to each individual app.

Open the Creative Cloud app. Click on the Apps icon at the left. Click on the app you want install. Now, click on the three dots next to the big blue Open button (it'll say Open if a version of the app is already installed). You'll see this:

Click the Other versions button to get here:

Select the older version you want to install.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2024 1:36 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Found it. They moved the older version option to each individual app.

Open the Creative Cloud app. Click on the Apps icon at the left. Click on the app you want install. Now, click on the three dots next to the big blue Open button (it'll say Open if a version of the app is already installed). You'll see this:

Click the Other versions button to get here:

Select the older version you want to install.

Oct 19, 2024 12:23 PM in response to ninags

Apple hasn't used the word System to describe the OS version in decades.

The previous macOS, Sonoma, is version 14. The current macOS version is 15, Sequoia.

I'm using the just recently released Photoshop 2025 (version 26) in Sequoia without issues. Or at least, none that I've seen.

I was going to suggest reinstalling the 2024 versions because there used to be a way to show older versions that were compatible with your system. But if that's still an option, it's very well hidden.

Adobe Photoshop Current Version not working propoerly with System 13.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.