You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Multiple screens staying open together instead of shrinking to the side

I upgraded to Sequoia on my Mac Book Pro. Every time I open another screen, the first one shrinks to the left side. How do I keep all of the screens I want open together so I can use both at the same time? Thank you!

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 7:42 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2024 2:53 AM in response to sharicat13!

Turn Stage Manager on or off

Tile windows on Mac to have several applications open and viewable at the same time

You can quickly move back and forth between Stage Manager and traditional windows to use the method that’s best suited for the work you need to do.

On your Mac, do one of the following:

• Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Desktop & Dock  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Go to Desktop & Stage Manager, then turn Stage Manager on or off.
  • Click  in the menu bar, then click Stage Manager  to turn it on or off.

If you can’t turn on Stage Manager, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click Desktop & Dock  in the sidebar, go to Mission Control, then turn on “Displays have separate Spaces.”

Multiple screens staying open together instead of shrinking to the side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.