You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple TV screen saver

I've been an ATV user since the 2nd iteration. And I have an old 3rd gen that use downstairs. Has a reduced functionality now, can't add anymore apps and I suspect is no longer supported by anybody.

But it does something that my TVOS18 working with my M2Air Mac can't do. It shuffles thru an album of 2000 photos randomly. With a chip that's a million years old, no great Gigs of disk. It does it without flinching.

My latest ATV has not been able to do that for a number of TVOS versions now. All it can do with unlimited RAM and 64G is shuffle thru the last 50 of those photos, no randomly display, SAME 50 photos everytime.

So it's possible. Of course it is slideshow does it OK. And if I select the slideshow to be my screen saver. I get SAME 50 NON random photos.

Please can we fix this?????

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 9:15 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.