You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Cellular Service / Mobile Service shows unavailable for iphone 16 pro

Need help. I bought my iphone 16 pro from canada; which has one physical SIM and another eSIM option available and with no restriction or no network plan. I setup up the phone myself and started using both physical SIM (of one operator) and eSIM (of another operator). I have used around 9 days like this with no trouble.

One fine morning, the eSIM disappeared from settings and stopped working. I restarted the device and I immediately checked with my cellular service provider and replaced QR code for eSIM. Then I reset the network and even reset all settings with data. Then i setup again restoring data from icloud. But unfortunately, the Mobile Service / Cellular Service shows unavailable. Hence, I could not add eSIM using QR code.

I need suggestions from the community to resolve this. hats off to the experts !

Regards.

TT

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 16 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 12:43 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2024 11:50 AM in response to tahsinT

When you say you bought it in Canada, that might lead one to believe you don't live in Canada, so what country do you live in? This is important, because iPhone warranty is NOT international. If you don't live in Canada and the phone has a hardware issue, which requires being replaced, you'll have to go back to the country where you purchased it.

Cellular Service / Mobile Service shows unavailable for iphone 16 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.