You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Icloud very slow with Windows 11. Windows Search problem??

I just setup icloud drive on windows, I used to have it on mac and ios, and access to folder and files takes for ever in file explorer.

I found this thread, which seems to indicate that turning Photo sync on, solves the problem. And indeed it solved it for me, however, I dont want my Photos synced with this PC, and I heard users having issues with Windows deleting their Photos on iCloud with this sync.

Icloud very slow with Windows 11. Windows… - Apple Community

This slowness only happens with File Explorer, I can browse directory fast with command prompt or any other windows software I tried.

One work around i found is to use a symbolic link to the icloud folder, and I can now browse my files quickly without having to enable Photos sync.

mklink /J <NEW FOLDER> C:\Users\<USER>\iCloudDrive\Documents

I dont know yet if there is any side effects, I suspect it is a bug with icloud drive for windows 11 ... does anyone found any other workarounds ?

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Oct 20, 2024 4:42 AM

There are no replies.

Icloud very slow with Windows 11. Windows Search problem??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.