You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear overrides when applying styles

Why I torture myself as an Apple fanboy for the last 37 years and use a crippled product is anyone's guess.

In any event, InDesign has always had a keyboard shortcut where you apply a character/paragraph style AND clear overrides simultaneously.

Pages now has me apply the style first. Yes, I know I can use a KB shortcut, but how do I make a keyboard shortcut to clear overrides?

I have to move the mouse over a second time to the style sheet and choose a drop down.

Anybody know of a KB shortcut that I am missing?

Would be great information!

No if only they brought back simple footers that included things like document title and path 🤦‍♂️

Mac Pro

Posted on May 1, 2019 8:37 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 1, 2019 9:16 AM in response to rootdr

You are torturing your fellow users with your rambling. 😢 You will tie yourself up in anguished knots trying to compare Pages features to InDesign.

Pages has always been designed as a consumer application, despite many attempting to make it behave like professional applications (e.g. Word, Quark, or InDesign).

Here are the Pages v8.0 keyboard shortcuts.

Pages '09 v4.3 offered to insert the document filename, but not its path. No Pages release since 10/2013 offers to insert the document name, or its path. You have to role your own service to do that.

If you have feature requests of the Pages product team, you can send them feedback from the application's menu.

Clear overrides when applying styles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.