You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install word or pages to mac book OS yosimite

Hello,

I'm trying to type up some reports and documents for work i do not seem to have "word" or "pages" and my mac wont let me update to newer OS. when i go to updates available, it says none.

I'm currently using OS X 10.10 ? Yosemite

can you help?

Posted on May 2, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Pages is only available for Macs running High Sierra or Mojave. The updates section of the App Store only shows you updates available for the OS you are running. To go from one OS to a newer OS is called an upgrade.

Depending on what Mac you have and its age determines what you can upgrade to.

How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If your Mac an upgrade further than El Capitan then you will be refused El Capitan

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

and if it is young enough it might be able to upgrade to Mojave.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2019 10:47 AM in response to macbook-community

Pages is only available for Macs running High Sierra or Mojave. The updates section of the App Store only shows you updates available for the OS you are running. To go from one OS to a newer OS is called an upgrade.

Depending on what Mac you have and its age determines what you can upgrade to.

How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

If your Mac an upgrade further than El Capitan then you will be refused El Capitan

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

and if it is young enough it might be able to upgrade to Mojave.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

May 3, 2019 6:37 AM in response to macbook-community

Microsoft's Office for Mac is a paid subscription (Office365), or single purchases of Office 2016 for Mac, or Office 2019 for Mac. Only Office365 subscription versions of the Microsoft applications are available from the Mac App Store. All of these Microsoft applications are supported on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later.

LibreOffice is a free MS Office Suite clone. It will install on your Yosemite installation. This is the best Word document compatibility solution when you don't have Microsoft Word at home.

If you don't have Pages, then you can't get it from the Mac App Store because that current requirement is that you have macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later installed. Apple does not retain past, full Pages installers.

You could purchase from Amazon or Ebay resellers, the retail Apple iWork '09 DVD, and then subsequently update that installation with the Apple iWork 9.3 updater. Personally, I would recommend the free LibreOffice solution, and take advantage of the well written PDF user guide for LibreOffice Writer 6.0.

install word or pages to mac book OS yosimite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.