You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random intermittent alert sound on early 2015 Macbook Pro

Recently I've been getting a [super annoying] intermittent alert sound, several times per hour, on my early 2015 Macbook Pro (running macOS Mojave 10.14.4). I've gone through all my computer and various app preferences and turned off notifications, muted Chrome extensions, etc., and still it persists. When I go into the main system preferences for sounds, the alert I am getting isn't even an option in the sound effects.

I tried downloading and running SoundBunny to determine where the alert was coming from, but it seems the software hasn't been recently updated (and won't be), and I wasn't able to open the main window/menu once installed. Then I downloaded Boom 3D, which seems to think Chrome is, indeed, the source of the sound...but it doesn't get any more specific on what/where in Chrome. I'm at my wits' end...please help?!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 9:30 AM

Uninstall Chrome

or contact Google Chrome Help

Similar questions

1 reply

Random intermittent alert sound on early 2015 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.