You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro & Dell S2719DGF

I recently purchased a Dell S2719DGF monitor to use with my MacBook Pro and have run into a few issues.

Firstly, whenever I restart my MacBook, the system doesn't resume and appears to enter into Sleep mode and unable to wake my MacBook with my bluetooth keyboard or mouse. I have to remove the MacBook from my stand which keeps it in an closed-lid upright positon, wake and then sign in before I can reconnect. This is obviously annoying.

Second, I can't seem to get the monitor to run at the 144hz.

I have the monitor connected to the MacBook via Apples Thunderbolt to HDMI adapater, using HDMI 2.0 port on the monitor.

All advise and help is appreciated.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 1:07 PM

Omgmike wrote:

I recently purchased a Dell S2719DGF monitor to use with my MacBook Pro and have run into a few issues.

Firstly, whenever I restart my MacBook, the system doesn't resume and appears to enter into Sleep mode and unable to wake my MacBook with my bluetooth keyboard or mouse. I have to remove the MacBook from my stand which keeps it in an closed-lid upright positon, wake and then sign in before I can reconnect. This is obviously annoying.

I have the monitor connected to the MacBook via Apples Thunderbolt to HDMI adapater, using HDMI 2.0 port on the monitor.

See if there are any clues here:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT20117

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display ... - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2019 1:07 PM in response to Omgmike

Omgmike wrote:

See if there are any clues here:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT20117

Use your Mac notebook computer in closed-display ... - Apple Support

MacBook Pro & Dell S2719DGF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.