You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving any push notifications for any apps

Hi,

All of a sudden on my iPhone SE I have stopped receiving any push notifications. This seems to be at least on all messaging apps excluding texts - Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger.

I only see the messages once I open the app and open the chat. I'm not getting any banners when my phone is unlocked, or any notifications on my lock screen.

I have tried:

• Restarting my iPhone
  • Restarting the apps
  • Deleting the apps and reinstalling
  • Updating the apps
  • I do not have any pending software updates
  • All these apps have push notifications enabled
  • I have tried on multiple WiFi connections and mobile data
  • Do Not Disturb mode is not enabled
  • Airplane mode is not enabled

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on May 7, 2019 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 2:01 PM

Hi, Sazberry!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities about your notifications. If I understand, you aren't getting any for several messaging services, like Twitter, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger until you go into the apps themselves. I'm happy to help!

I see you've done a bunch of great troubleshooting already, but are still not receiving notifications as expected. The next step I can recommend is for you to reinstall the iOS software on your iPhone. You can do that following the steps outlined in the "Reinstall iOS" section of If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Even though this step shouldn't remove any of your personal data from the device, I encourage you to create a backup of your iPhone before reinstalling: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Cheers.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2019 2:01 PM in response to Sazberry

Hi, Sazberry!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities about your notifications. If I understand, you aren't getting any for several messaging services, like Twitter, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger until you go into the apps themselves. I'm happy to help!

I see you've done a bunch of great troubleshooting already, but are still not receiving notifications as expected. The next step I can recommend is for you to reinstall the iOS software on your iPhone. You can do that following the steps outlined in the "Reinstall iOS" section of If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Even though this step shouldn't remove any of your personal data from the device, I encourage you to create a backup of your iPhone before reinstalling: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

Cheers.

May 8, 2019 1:16 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply. However, that link doesn't explain how to reinstall iOS as I do not get the ""There's a problem with the iPhone [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored."" message when I plug in my iPhone. If I go to Summary > Restore iPhone, it tells me all my data will be erased.

Not receiving any push notifications for any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.