You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google / Redirect Bing

Any known easy ways to figure out how to dispose of a malware ?

In Safari all is checked correct for using Google as Search Engine, when I go search from Apple main page it is redirecting to Bing, just started today.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2019 7:18 PM in response to oldschoolkool

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

May 7, 2019 7:11 PM in response to oldschoolkool

A few years back I stop at a Apple store in my city and I ask a Apple customer service if he or she can help me and I want to go to a correct site to get a Malware and how can I get it onto my Apple computer. I don't trust finding it on a website and I want to go and talk to a Apple customer service in my city if he or she can help me solve this problem I'm having. I know their is a 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' that you can put in your Apple computer. I don't trust certain sites that you can download a free Anti-Malware and I only trust Apple and that is why I want to go to a Apple store and talk to a customer service who can give me the correct answer.

May 12, 2019 6:04 PM in response to oldschoolkool

Update to May 7 Post 2019. Against my comfort zone, I did after much searching into my own system and speaking three times to support; loaded Malware Bytes Latest Version, could not print off the Quarantine list of threats , ( just Curios as to what to look for). Still not sure were it goes from hear , except if I dump the program are they coming back ,( or New Ones ) .

A wise man once told me a story about the turning of the tail on the hat. So we-are in an ever changing age, completely vulnerable to outside intention, to Intervention, by way of Invention?

Google / Redirect Bing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.