You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages not downloading from iCloud on macOS

I have several macOS and iOS devices and have sync iMessages in iCloud turned on for all of them. Recently, the mac-mini has stopped downloading messages from iCloud nor syncing blocked numbers or iCloud ids. I have tried disabling/enabling iMessages on the mac, resetting its NVRAM. It won't allow me to toggle the 'Enable Messages in iCloud' value under preferences on the mac-mini and I don't want to disable it for all devices.

I can still send and receive texts on the mac-mini, I just can't downloaded all the synced messages on iCloud. Hitting 'sync now' grays it out for a few seconds but doesn't download any messages.

Anything else I can try?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2019 4:54 PM

2 replies

May 9, 2019 9:13 AM in response to medium-cool

Hi medium-cool,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble enabling Messages in iCloud on your Mac Mini. I’m happy to help.

If you haven’t already, I suggest completely signing out of iCloud, restarting your Mac, and then signing back in to see if the issue persists. 

Should that not resolve the issue, I suggest trying in safe mode and a different user account:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Take care.

iMessages not downloading from iCloud on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.