You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration issue

I just migrated my old MacBook stuff to my new one, but I ended up with two "users"....the old one with all the migrated files and the new one with nothing....I obviously screwed up somewhere. I want all the files, apps, etc. in the new ID for the new MacBook....how do I do that?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 11, 2019 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 11:49 PM

That is how migration works. Your account from the older mac is ready to use on the new one. You could just delete the new account-but it is a good idea to keep a second account on your mac just in case there is some problem with the main one.

Now if you’d like to rename the old account that can be done - but please have a separate administrator account available when you do that. If there is a problem with the renaming this other account can be a lifesaver.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2019 11:49 PM in response to jmlphotography

That is how migration works. Your account from the older mac is ready to use on the new one. You could just delete the new account-but it is a good idea to keep a second account on your mac just in case there is some problem with the main one.

Now if you’d like to rename the old account that can be done - but please have a separate administrator account available when you do that. If there is a problem with the renaming this other account can be a lifesaver.

Migration issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.