You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s has stopped functioning entirely

For the past week, my iPhone 5s has experienced battery problems. It either ran out of battery (from a full 100% charge) in a matter of minutes, or just died without explanation when at a high percentage. When it shuts down, it goes to saying in needs power to turn on, so when I do it says I have the same battery percentage as before. This had been grinding until today, when I got back from a trip away from home. I sat down, watched a bit of YouTube, when my phone shut down. I put it on charge, and still was saying it needed to be charged. I left it for half an hour, and it still said that. I took it off charge for half an hour, stuck it back on and it is doing the same thing. I’ve changed the cord, done all the checks, held the power and home button for up to thirty seconds, nothing I say working. I need my phone for tomorrow as it holds everything I need in my project I am trying to complete, my music and all my notes. ****, I a, having to use my little sisters iPad to write this. Can anybody help please?

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 12, 2019 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 9:11 AM

I need my phone for tomorrow as it holds everything I need in my project I am trying to complete, my music and all my notes. ****, I a, having to use my little sisters iPad to write this. Can anybody help please?

Based on the description of the issues, it appears that your iPhone may have a faulty battery and it will need to go to either an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for resolution.

As far as your data ... have you been making backups via iTunes or iCloud? ... or, at least, have been syncing your data with iCloud? If so, you may be able to access these notes directly from your iCloud account.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2019 9:11 AM in response to Aaron-Stratton

I need my phone for tomorrow as it holds everything I need in my project I am trying to complete, my music and all my notes. ****, I a, having to use my little sisters iPad to write this. Can anybody help please?

Based on the description of the issues, it appears that your iPhone may have a faulty battery and it will need to go to either an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for resolution.

As far as your data ... have you been making backups via iTunes or iCloud? ... or, at least, have been syncing your data with iCloud? If so, you may be able to access these notes directly from your iCloud account.

My iPhone 5s has stopped functioning entirely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.